I’m a journalist and author with expertise in book, magazine and newspaper writing, digital storytelling, magazine editing, photography, videography and social media.
I’ve worked for many years as a freelance writer for magazines and newspapers.
In 2012, I won the George Cadogan Memorial Outstanding Columnist Award from the Canadian Community Newspapers Association.
I have Master of Journalism degree from the University of King’s College in Halifax, NS, and work as a part-time instructor in the King’s Faculty of Journalism.
Here’s a quick rundown of my experience:
- 25 Years of 22 Minutes: An Unauthorized Oral History of This Hour Has 22 Minutes; Nimbus Publishing, October 2017
- Features writer – The Walrus, J-Source, Chronicle Herald, Halifax Magazine, Saltscapes, Living Healthy in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Books Today, Nova Scotia Policy Review, Yelp, CanadianHealthcareNetwork
- Monthly columnist – Halifax magazine, 2014-2015
- Weekly columnist – Chronicle Herald, Saturday Arts & Life, 2012-2014
- Weekly columnist – Halifax Community Herald, 2008-2012
- Editor, Atlantic Books Today, 2013-2014
- Associate Editor, 2010-2013, Saltscapes (Canada’s East Coast Magazine); Good Taste; Living Healthy in Atlantic Canada; Saltscapes Food and Travel
- Publisher and owner of LifeAfterGluten.ca, Canada’s go-to resource for gluten free living
PRODUCER & DIRECTOR
- Principal and owner of wreckingball productions, inc.
- Writer, producer and director of short film “Vet Bill” 2008
- Winner, Linda Joy Media Arts Post Award 2007
- Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ)
- Writers’ Federation of NS (WFNS)
- Atlantic Magazines Association (AMA)